Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Springtime for Hitler and Germany

MGDub and I caught The Producers last night with our Alumni club. We had a really fun time and Nina loves the original 1968 movie, but this posting is about how to measure sticky ingredients like glucose or molasses. My office physically moved locations this week so we all had to work from home on Monday and part of Tuesday. Nina and I "watched" Martha Stewart Living in the mornings while we worked from our respective homes. Yesterday's episode featured a homemade frozen yogurt recipe. They showed a nifty trick for measure very sticky glucose for the frozen yogurt. First, spray the measuring cup with PAM vegetable spray and then pour the sticky substance into measuring cup. The sticky stuff will plop right out of the cup leaving no sticky residue and inaccurate measurements. I'm going to give that trick a go next time I'm measuring gooey molasses for my cookies.

Nina's taped this morning's segment on decorating flip-flops...I can't wait to hear all about it.

No comments: