Thursday, July 31, 2003

Mountain Moo Moo-ving into the Digital Age

I was flipping through my latest issue of Real Simple last night when an article featuring Printing Press caught my eye. Printing Press is invitation software made by Mountain Cow and it's seems to essentially be a classier version of Print Shop. I remember loving Print Shop back in the good old pre-antitrust days of Microsoft with their DOS OS, the blinking orange screen, my Epson dot matrix and the inability to preview my creations. Despite all those technological hurdles, it was still one of the coolest things in grade school computing. Now this Printing Press software offers really cool templates including vellum overlays with ribbon holes, menu cards, place cards, postcards, folded cards, envelopes and you can even add your own digital pictures...which brings me to my next tidbit of related news...

...I received the digital camera I ordered from Amazon thanks to the generosity of plasticmom. A walk down memory lane brings me to my very first camera, one of those pocket cameras where you load Kodak cartridge film: two spools on either end with a flat piece connecting it. Then there was the endless series of 35mm cameras followed by an APS in college. I finally mustered the motivation to commit to a digital camera last week when I saw Jessica's cool and totally adorable Elph. So, long story short and I know looks aren't everything, I've now got my very own Elph and it sure is precious. Once I figure it all out and tidy up my office, I'm going to send plasticmom some digital pictures of my new office.

No comments: