Wednesday, July 03, 2013

"Covert" photos from dinner at Sushizen

We went to this one sushi restaurant twice this visit. The first time, the sushi bar was so hushed and reverent in atmosphere, I was reluctant to jeopardize my first dinner by taking photos. Day two, I snagged a spot next to the wall and was shielded by my family so I covertly snapped some pics when the chef was making trips back and forth to his old timey ice box. They actually built an old fashioned ice box to hold the fish and better regulate the temperature so it doesn't get too icy or dry.

I waited for the sushi chef to abandon his post


Some sort of chewier fin section of some sort of fish...I forget

This Uni [sea urchin] photo is upside down, but I did enjoy this "very delicious" fresh uni right side down

Fresh seasonal corn fried fritter

Lightly broiled Toro [fatty tuna]

Aji [Fish] had good aji [flavor]: I'm making up jokes that mostly amuse me

Scallop

King Salmon in a sauce with scallion and ginger

I got bolder and took a not so secret photo when he started beheading the live sweet shrimp. I swear the shrimp kept moving for a good 3 minutes after beheading

Freshly beheaded Ama Ebi [fresh sweet shrimp]

King Salmon Roe

Fatty Tuna, Shiso plus some sort of pickle maki. This one was actually one of my favorites, the flavor combo was unexpectedly "very delicious"

Tamago Yaki [Egg Cake] was super light and fluffy like cake

I can't remember what the heck this was, but it was [of course] "very delicious"

No comments: