Monday, July 01, 2013

Mango Shaved Milk Ice @ the "Bookstore"

To call Eslite a "bookstore" is a major understatement. It's definitely got a ton of books and a lot of English book, but it's a super cool department store / shopping mall / bookstore / boutique collection. By the time I finished [methodically] wandering around all eight floors, I needed a snack. I got a giant bowl of Mango Shaved Milk Ice. I've had regulars shaved ice, but I'd never had shaved milk ice. They pulled out big opaque milk colored block of "ice" and proceeded to shave the frozen block of condensed milk flavored ice over a bowl of deliciously sweet mango. More condensed milk drizzled on top for good measure. Perfect snack!

I must have looked baffled when they handed me this tray because they assured me that"the mango is under the ice, you'll see it after you dig around."

Sure enough, there was mango buried under the ice

Lots of perfectly ripe and sweet mango

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Yum! This new type of shaved ice that is all the rage in MPk/Roland Hills area. Next time you are out, we should go!