Sunday, July 21, 2013

"Simple" Fancy Pants Meal

We usually prefer trying local foods when we travel, but we usually try to go out for one nice meal to shake things up so we checked out Restaurant Andre for lunch while we were in Singapore. We opted for the "simpler" daily lunch menu which was pretty involved so I'm not sure I could handle their full on evening menu that's about three times longer and three times more costly. It was definitely a little pretentious and I wasn't really into the snooty French server, but the food was mostly delicious and it was a nice civil respite from our daily street food crawls which typically have us inhaling snacks in the middle of the street and probably chewing with our mouths open.

The "simple" lunch menu

Snacking: fried sweet shrimp heads in cones

Tiny Baguette and Butter

Blue Lobster "Raviolis", Tomato-Rhubarb-Celary
Pineapple-Strawberry Sago Vinaigrette
Lemon Thyme Sorbet, Wild Greens

Wam Scallop Potato "Gnocchi"
Spring Asparagus Salad
Champignons, Bruxelles, Wild Herbs

Perigord Black Truffle Coulis
Warm Foie Gras Jelly
Fleur De Sel and Japanese Chive
This was "very very delicious"

I'm digging into my Warm Fois Gras Jelly while Adam patiently takes photos

Oyster Blad "A La Plancha"
Wild Greens Taboule and Pickles
Aromatic Oil, Roasted Onion Jus
Basically, it's beef. The Taboule was nice and had a little crunch from puffed rice

First extra dessert

Second extra dessert was ice cream with dehydrated crunchy berries

"Adam...can I please eat my dessert?"

Lemon "Blanc Manger" / Shaved Macadamia Nuts
Herb Juice and Pistachio Oil
Toasted Thunder Tea Ice-Cream
Not my favorite dessert. The two pre-desserts were actually better since I'm not really into eating grass soup for dessert

No comments: