Saturday, January 08, 2011

Besame Mucho [Key West]

Every so often, I find a well merchandised independent housewares/gift store that I fall in love with and Besame Mucho is my most recent addition to my all star list. It located down the street from Blue Heaven in Key West and it's a really fun store with lots of cute vintage finds. It's that nice mix of old and new and the unique merchandise is thoughtfully selected and displayed. I was eyeing a great woven beach bag with gold leather detailing, but decided that Boston is not really "beachy" and I didn't really need it. I almost bought myself a pair of heavy vintage scissors, but they were ultimately too heavy to be practical and I can't bear to have scissors for decoration ever since I watched that movie Dead Again with my friend Corinna. Eeek! Now back to sunnier topics, be sure to check out Besame Mucho if you're kicking around Key West, it's definitely worth a visit.

P.S. My other all star favorites are Watson & Kennedy in Seattle, Posh in Chicago and of course Fishs Eddy in NYC.

No comments: