Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Zappos Miracle

My obsession with bags is pretty well known and was even referenced by Adam when he proposed. He promised to go purse shopping with me six years ago and I still hold him to that promise. Poor guy! I blame my bag obsession on genetics since plasticmom is also obsessed with bags, backpacks to be specific. With my achy back, I've been on the hunt for a nice leather purse I can wear cross body. I picked out the Foley and Corinna mid city tote in Aubergine or dark purple and decided to order it from Zappos where I have VIP status and get free overnight shipping on everything. Their service is so crazy amazing, it's blogworthy. Here's the timeline for my order:

Monday 7 pm - plasticann orders online
Monday 11:47 pm - Zappos ships my order from Kentucky
Tuesday 7:59 am - my order arrives in Boston and is on a truck for delivery
Tuesday 11:34 am - my order is delivered

Total time - 16 hours and 34 minutes

I was flabbergasted, I couldn't believe how fast my order arrived. What had I accomplished in those 16 hours while my purse was zipping across 1000 miles? Let's see, I took the bus home from work, ate dinner, slept for 8 hours, went to work, drank coffee and had some morning meetings. I'm a little embarrassed the purse was more productive than me.

P.S. If you order from Zappos and want to be a part of their beta VIP program for free overnight shipping, just call them up and request it. The program is "invitation only, but they might be able to help you out if you call."
P.P.S. I'm loving my new bag, it's awesome.

No comments: