Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wooden Bottle Opener

I intrigued by this bent nail wooden bottle opener when I saw an article on nytimes last fall and I jotted it down as a gift idea. I wasn't sure if it was actually functional so I first bought it for us try out when I found it at Abodeon on Mass Ave. I'm happy to report that it works really well and we gave a few away this Christmas. The bent nail easily opens the bottle and the bottle cap stays attached to the magnet embedded in the opener's underside so you don't have bottle caps flying and pinging all over the place. There's even a magnet on the top of the opener so you can stick it to your fridge. Like the article says, it's "rustic" and "refined" and it actually works.

P.S. After I bought my first one, the opener started getting gift guide press pickup and I saw it featured a few places. Today, I read that Jason Schwartzman recommended it on some shopping site. Should I feel cooler because the tastemakers agree with what I like should I feel less hip since everyone else knows about it?

No comments: