Friday, January 07, 2011

Blue Heavenly Breakfast

Before we left for Florida, I'd asked MGDub for some recommendations from her last trip and she's recommended Blue Heaven for breakfast so we started our first full day in Key West with their heavenly breakfast. Adam and I shared the shrimp eggs benedict and a blueberry pancake. The hollandaise sauce on the shrimp benedict was perfect and the giant shrimp were meaty enough to stand up to the eggs benedict. The homemade sausage that Adam's parents got was tasty, it had a little kick to it and their homemade banana bread was very good. It's not as good as my banana bread, but it's pretty close so that's actually a rave review from me. Great outdoor eating area to enjoy breakfast on a nice day and they even have their own wandering roosters roaming about the courtyard.

2 comments:

CAD Cowboy said...

I know from experience that your banana bread is good, but you should try America's Test Kitchen's Ultimate Banana Bread:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/detail.php?docid=25349&extcode=M**ASCA00

They may have the edge.

Ann said...

Thanks CAD Cowboy. I'll check it out.