Monday, January 24, 2011

Quest for [Affordable] Steak

I really like steak and it's something that I crave so I've been on a quest to find a good affordable steak that I can enjoy regularly. There are plenty of wonderful high end steakhouses that have great steak, but it's just too expensive for everyday. This quest has been harder than one would expect. For many years, I really loved the John Harvard's Brewhouse Ranch Spiced Steak served with mashed potatoes, but then the quality went downhill. Dante had a wonderful mini Steak Frites on their bar menu that they no longer offer. We live right by Frank's Steakhouse and I really really want to like Frank's desperately, but it really isn't that good if I'm honest with myself. The quest may have ended this weekend when Adam made reservations at Joe's American Bar and Grill on Newbury and where we ordered the double cut 24 oz prime rib, French onion soup and Caesar salad. The warm bread was crusty, the food was delicious, the ambiance was nice and casual and the price was right. I think the quest might be over...for now at least.

No comments: