Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Whirley Pop + Vermont Cheese Powder

Last summer, I impulsively bought a Whirley Pop stovetop popcorn maker at a yard sale for ten bucks. I didn’t do a great job negotiating, but I’d heard these things lasted forever and ten bucks was still cheaper than a new Whirley Pop. It sat unused for a few months and I got teased about it enough that I was determined to make popcorn last fall. Now I’m obsessed with the Whirley Pop because it makes awesome popcorn in 3 minutes and efficiently pops every last kernel. To literally “top it off,” I’ve been making delicious cheese popcorn with this wonderful Vermont Cheese Powder my friend Laurel sent me. Mix in two tablespoons of cheese powder into a batch of popcorn (made from ½ cup kernels) and you’ve got lightly cheese flavored popcorn. I’m snacking on the batch I made on Sunday and it’s still yummy.

No comments: