Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The King's Speech

I was all set to see The King's Speech last weekend, but it was totally sold out when I got to the theater. I was pretty upset because I had all this awesome movie theater contraband (Vietnamese sandwiches, cupcakes, soybean milk) from Chinatown I was planning to sneak in. Instead, I went and saw Country Strong which was enjoyable, but not blogworthy.

Fortunately, I did get to see it last week with a friend. My contraband was less exciting, but the movie was much better. I had high expectations going in and my expectations were exceeded. If you haven't heard about it, it's received a huge number of Oscar nominations. Colin Firth plays King George VI and it's about his journey to overcome his stammer and his reluctant ascension to the throne when his brother abdicates. I loved the film and I would highly recommend it.

No comments: