Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

I actually made some resolutions this year.
  • Lose weight [Boring]
  • Blog more
When I started blogging regularly in 2003, I was a couple of life stages back. I was working in a small office where I hung out daily with hilarious friends like Steve and Wheezy who provided lots of blogworthy material and my best bud MGDub was still living in Boston. Life is still good in 2011, but it certainly has transitioned quite a bit and I've pretty much been off the blog mania routine the last few years. The deal is I really have missed blogging regularly so I'm going to try making it a priority in 2011 for my own enjoyment.

Enough introspection! We had the last day of 2010 off so Adam and I went downtown for lunch at the Back Bay Social Club for lunch. We tried their $21 burger and their pastrami sandwich/tomato basil soup combo. The burger was very good, wonderful beef that was half aged and half prime. A lot of fancy burgers feature brioche buns, but this one was a really great white roll with a crusty exterior...a refreshing change. The fries were pretty good, but I kinda expect excellent fries for $21. The soup/sandwich combo I thought was a really good deal at $10 and it even came with fries so I would recommend checking it out for a delicious and well priced lunch if you're downtown shopping. While the burger was delicious, but not worth $21 so it doesn't make the cut in terms of our price/quality ratio efficient frontier. The burger still to beat in terms of the quality for the price remains Garden at the Cellar in Cambridge.

No comments: