Friday, January 21, 2011

Mothers Iced Oatmeal Cookies

These crisp iced oatmeal cookies are one of my favorite childhood treats. I remember plasticmom would pack me three cookies everyday for me to share with my two best kindergarten buddies. We'd hang out at the playground firetruck after class and enjoy our treats.

Mothers cookies are not available in Boston so every time I'm in California, I get a pack for old times sake. About two years I couldn't find the cookies, but I kept checking so I was super psyched to find them over Thanksgiving.

Turns out, Mothers closed in 2008 which was why I couldn't find them for a few years. Kelloggs bought the brand and brought them back. Mystery solved! The iced oatmeal are my favorite, but the iced animal crackers with sprinkles are also good. They are really sweet so be warned. I also found them on Amazon which makes me love Amazon even more.

P.S. Adam's now a fan. He said, "where did you get these cookies, they're SOOO good."

2 comments:

Ann said...

My order of Mothers Iced Oatmeals from Amazon came yesterday. YEAH!

Ann said...

The coworkers are loving the iced oatmeals.