Tuesday, May 13, 2003

NEW Coffee-Mate Vanilla Caramel

It's a good thing I don't do most of the grocery shopping for my house because I'm always tempted to try new products. While I know in my head that any NEW product is most likely a scam by the big food conglomerates to squeeze out smaller brands by flexing their brand name muscle and dominating even more of the shelf space at the grocery store, I sometimes lack the willpower required to say "NO!" Do we really need OREO branded everything from cookies to double stuff to coffee creme to dunkers to mini ones to whatever the heck they think of next? Let's be honest, the answer is "NO." My rational brain says that we should all "kick it old school" and eat normal single stuff OREOS, but my will is weak and my heart whines, "I want what's NEW.....WAH WAH WAH!"

Alas, I digress. I recently purchased NEW Vanilla Caramel Coffee-Mate creamer and brought it in to work to share. It's really quite delicious and it's gotten the thumbs up from the taste test panel. It reminds me of a poor man's Starbuck's Caramel Macchiato or this lovely Jamaican coffee I enjoyed from Cafe Zog in Providence with hints of rum and caramel. Kate can attest, it's a real treat.

No comments: